ECommerce has become a byword in today’s day and age, with companies ranging from local delivery of groceries to multinational chains offering products online. Whether they are items or services that are being offered, the fact is that customers today would rather have the convenience of placing an order online!
A well-designed website can make all the difference to a customer’s reaction to your business and the way it is presented. Keeping this in mind, it’s important to project a professional and reliable image while still being interesting and creative with the design.
10 Tips on Creating the Best eCommerce Web Site Designs
When you have an online business for which you are trying to design the perfect web page, there are a few essentials that you should keep in mind. Let’s take a look at 10 of the best tips for creating an effective eCommerce web design:
- While graphics and photos are a great way to add interest to a web page, remember not to over-do it!
- Keep a simple, neutral-coloured background if your content is image-heavy and use background graphics or colours if it is mostly text.
- Make sure that all the information you provide is well-written, with no grammatical or factual errors.
- Provide information about the products or services you offer, as they are what the customer is actually there for!
- Include an FAQ page if possible, where answers to general questions that people may have are provided.
- Make sure you have a contact page so a visitor can email or call you in case of any queries that they may have.
- Ensure that you have secure payment gateways set up, so people can be assured that their financial information is safe.
- Encourage visitors to review products or leave their feedback on your page so that you can take their suggestions into account.
- Include links to Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites so that you can make use of the inherent marketing tools as well as expand your customer base.
- Be Creative! Rather than following the standard pattern that you may have seen, think about more interesting ways to present your products and company to visitors.
You could also hire a designer to create a budget web design if you are not sure how to accomplish this task yourself. There are a lot of designers who are quite affordable and can offer you their services to create a top-quality web page!